Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Change of Seasons

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon? – Dr. Suess

It’s two-and-a-half weeks until the kids start school. Beans starts 3rd grade (she’s already stressed over her first TAKS test this year), T-Man starts kindergarten (already praying for his teacher) and Lumpy starts 2-year preschool (and pacifier intervention).

The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives. ~Robert Maynard Hutchins


We’re busy gearing up – trying to get supply lists organized and get sleep schedules back on track. We still don’t know what teacher’s Beans and T-Man will have. Hopefully by next week we’ll find out – and get a chance to meet up with T-Man’s to warn him/her a bit!

Beans is not excited about her brother joining her at school. Monday when we were discussing it she threw her head back and exclaimed, “My nightmare has begun!” (Can we say drama-queen?) T-Man, on the other hand, is thrilled with the prospect – he loves hanging out with his big sis!

I’m excited because with T-Man starting big school his daycare costs are cut in half! YAY! When all 3 kids are in daycare in the summer our daycare costs are more than our house payment – that’s just crazy!

I’m trying to get Beans out of her shell a bit. Her friends have told me that she’s the ‘funny one’ who cracks all the jokes and makes them laugh, but she is also pretty shy – she does not like being in front of people she doesn’t know. I think she would love doing theater or something, so we’ll have to see what’s available.

T-Man doesn’t have a shell – he thrives on attention…like when he and 10 other kids are on-stage at preschool graduation towards the end and he shouted ‘It’s party time!’ and did a little dance. I know the other parents were probably warning their children about THAT boy! (I was secretly pleased that he was the one with the spunk – I mean, him momma was the school mascot so it’s not like he didn’t come by it naturally!)

Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed. ~Robert Gallagher

Anyway – I’m looking forward to getting the kids back into a school routine, seeing how T-Man fits in, watching Bailey blossom as a young lady and hopefully get Lumpy thinking about potty training. The fall brings with it a world of new opportunities and changes.

”I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!